Monday, August 25, 2008

American Idol Concert

I took Tasia to the American Idol concert. She was so excited. I had a blast just watching her!! It took me back to the days of Shaun Cassidy. I really thought I was going to marry him :). As far as watching the concert the best (or worst - depends on how you look at it) part of the night was our seats. We had the absolute worst seats in the house. But we also had the best seats in the house. We could see everything that was going on backstage. We watched Carly and Chekezie throw popcorn to each other to catch in their mouths, etc. Also, as the performers would come off stage, they came down a set of stairs that was directly in front of us.
Tasia and her friend Dani had more fun watching what was going on backstage than watching the actual concert.

Tasia had a total heart melt as David Archuleta came up through the stage playing the piano. She was practically in tears.



As he left the stage, Tasia waited...
Finally, she spots him. She started waving wildly calling his name. He looked up and read her poster. He gave her a wave and blew her a kiss. OK... she could have died and gone to heaven right there.
Look at the grin. After the concert, the "Idols" came out and signed autographs. Tasia got to see Brooke White...

... and Jason Castro...
... And David Archuleta!!!!! When he first spotted her, he got a big grin on his face and said "you are the one with the poster!!" They then had a little conversation. He stayed there talking to her for a while... long enough to sign her poster, three pictures, and her shirt. BTW, her shirt said, "Future Mrs. Archuleta".
Even though he was signing other things, he was still listening and talking to her.




She talked to him about doing a Stake Fireside in Georgia.
She also got to talk with his dad.
It was so much fun to see Tasia having such a blast.
Since the concert... David Archuleta accepted Tasia as one of his 'friends' on facebook. He also has a picture of her on his facebook. They've talked a couple of different times. Who knows, maybe he'll be my son in-law??? :)
























1 comments:

Jessica Petersen said...

I LOOOOVED talking to Tash today and hearing how excited she was about the whole thing! It was so cute! And like I said on Facebook, I like your haircut. And p.s. Tasia is a total babe.