Friday, September 21, 2007

Tickling the ivories

CR has a great ability to play the piano. He recently won first place in a talent show at school by playing "All of me" by John Schmidt. I love to have the house filled with this music. Besides playing for fun, he also enjoys playing for priesthood opening exercises. CR taught himself a new John Schmidt song this summer which is no small feat. It is incredible to see the talent he has. He loves our new baby grand. After seeing it for the first time, he gave a sly smile and replied, "She's sexy!" I guess you could say this is one of his first true loves. Thanks to Linda Findlay for teaching him and fostering this love. What a great gift you've given him.

1 comments:

Jessica Petersen said...

I would love love love to have someone else playing in the house!!! Just tonight, one of Luke's friends was playing on our piano and I was just loving it. He was playing Jessica's Theme from Man from Snowy River. CR should learn that!